Mushrooms have been used for centuries as a medicine in various parts of the world, particularly in traditional Chinese medicine. They are known for their incredible health benefits that can boost immunity, reduce inflammation, and fight viruses.
One way to consume mushrooms is through tinctures or extracts. If you’re interested in taking advantage of these natural remedies, read on to learn more about mushroom tinctures or extracts.
What are mushroom tinctures or extracts?
Mushroom tinctures or extracts are a liquid form of medicinal mushrooms. They’re made by extracting the bioactive compounds from the mushroom using a solvent like alcohol or water. Unlike mushroom powder or capsules, tinctures or extracts are absorbed more quickly by the body, effectively increasing their medicinal properties.
Benefits of mushroom tinctures or extracts
Consuming mushroom tinctures or extracts is an effective way to receive the powerful benefits of medicinal mushrooms. These benefits include:
- Immune system booster - Mushrooms have beta-glucans, which strengthen the immune system. Their antiviral and antibacterial properties can also help fight infections, preventing illnesses like colds and flu.
- Anti-inflammatory properties - Mushrooms are rich in antioxidants, which can help reduce inflammation in the body. This can be helpful for people with inflammatory conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, or eczema.
- Cancer-fighting properties - The bioactive compounds found in mushrooms can stimulate the immune system to fight cancer cells. Some of the medicinal mushrooms like Turkey Tail, Reishi, and Chaga have been found to have potent anti-cancer properties.
Types of mushroom tinctures or extracts
There are various types of mushroom tinctures and extracts available, including:
- Triple-extracted tinctures: Triple-extracted tinctures are a type of herbal extract that undergoes a three-step extraction process to maximize the concentration of bioactive compounds. This process typically involves using a combination of alcohol, water, and sometimes oil to extract the medicinal properties of the herbs. This can result in a more potent and comprehensive herbal extract.
- Dual-extracted tinctures: These tinctures are made by extracting the mushroom using both water and alcohol or another solvent. The dual-extraction boosts the potency of the tincture, making it more effective, but still less-so than triple extraction methods.
- Single-extracted tinctures: These tinctures are made by extracting the bioactive compounds using only water or alcohol. They’re typically less potent than dual-extracted tinctures.
- Powdered extract: This type of extract is made by removing the water from the mushroom, leaving only the bioactive compounds behind. This can be taken as a capsule or added to foods and drinks.
Conclusion: Mushroom Tinctures and Extracts
In summary, mushroom tinctures or extracts are a potent and effective alternative to consuming mushrooms in their raw form. They’re easy to use, more quickly absorbed into the body, and offer a range of health benefits. If you’re interested in exploring the health benefits of medicinal mushrooms, consider trying a mushroom tincture or extract today. However, always remember to consult with your healthcare provider before starting any new supplement or remedy.